Monday, May 7, 2012

Meet HRD Mondays!


It's Monday! That means it's the time of the week for YOU to meet the many faces of HRD and learn a little about the skaters you want to cheer for in 2012!

This Monday, check out Flyon Maiden and Loco Meaux Tion!



Name Flyon Maiden
Number 666
Team The Brawlers (Captain), HRD All-Stars
Position jammer, blocker, wiggler
Years Played 4 years
Height 5'6"
Occupation Contractor in the world of live event production.
How did you get into derby? My then and now derby wife, Bloody Bathory, found me at a poetry slam... then found me in an anthropology lecture of 300+ people... and pretty much stalked me until I agreed to pursue roller derby.
How did you pick your derby name? I was denied my first name, Paralizya Minelli, and zoned out for hours when FLYON MAIDEN popped in my head. It's like Iron Maiden... but faster, and can kick Bruce Dickenson's ass!
Likes I LOVE onezies... rock n roll, things that remind me of Pee-Wee's Playhouse, cartoons, skating, and going FAST!!!
Dislikes Burglars, sour milk, people that cannot accept derby into their heart.
Favorite thing about derby I have never felt so passionate about anything in my life. I have found my "thing," and that thing is an alternative sport full of spunk, braaaaaiinnss, and athleticism. It's like a wild, blobular ever-growing monster (a nice monster, with a cool hat) and I am one of its countless blobs that morphs and adapts to keep the beast alive, thus giving me purpose and a continuous quest for improvement... and friends..lots of friends.
Fun Facts I began my derby career with Northwest Arkansas Roller Derby in Fayetteville while attending college. I transferred to Houston Roller Derby a month after graduating in 2010. Also... Praise "BOB"!


Name Loco Meaux Tion
Number 555
Team The Valkyries
Position Blocker
Years Played Rookie Season!
Height 5'5"
Occupation Grant Writer
How did you get into derby? Derby is a family affair. We went to a game for my brother’s birthday and we were immediately hooked. He signed up to be a ref and I joined our recreation league, the Machete Betties.
How did you pick your derby name? The origin of my skater name is a combination of wanting to incorporate my real name, and a secret nod to the ghost train in Ghostbusters II. The Ghostbusters franchise is a favourite of the Comeaux siblings. Who ya gonna call? 555-2368!
Likes/Dislikes Long walks on the beach and mean people? You’re not going to ask me to take my clothes off for some sort of tasteful pictorial session, right?
Favorite thing about derby Derby is good people!
Fun Facts I think I revealed too much already in committing my Ghostbusters obsession to the world wide web, but thanks for asking.


Tune in next Monday to see our next set of featured skaters for the week!


Come out and see our All-Stars play their next game this Saturday, May 12 when they take on the Texecutioners from Austin, TX. This bout will be at Houston Indoor Sports and capacity will be limited - get your special $12 tickets while you can!
Our next home bout will be Saturday, May 19 at Bayou Music Center. Come see the Psych Ward Sirens take on the Dallas Derby Devils before watching the Brawlers and the Bosses face off!
Get Your Upcoming Bout Tickets Right Now at Our Website!



♥ Houston Roller Derby ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...