Get ready to sweat!Boot camp is where you go to get strong, get fit, and get ready to play with the best.
If you are new to derby and want to try things out to see if the sport is really for you, try out our recreational league - this is the avenue many of our skaters take before trying-out for our competitive bouting teams. Here, you will be put in a beginner boot camp with other skaters who are new to the sport. We will teach you everything you need to know: how to skate, how to properly fall, and stop! Our boot camps are taught through our Machete Bettie Rec League.
Our members vary in age and athletic ability. Women attend Rec League for different reasons. Many women attend to learn the skills in preparation for future HRD home team skater try outs, and others just for a great workout.
All skaters must be 18 years or older.
Boot Camp Goals:
- Teach the game of flat track roller derby: skills, rules, strategies and referee signals.
- Prepare those interested in trying out for HRD’s competitive home teams.
- Give tips for healthy living and taking good care of your body.
- Get a good workout.
- Build relations with fellow skaters.
- Have fun.
We have three levels of training. All skaters start off in the beginner group and will have to pass assessments before being allowed to move to the next group.
Beginner Boot Camp (L1)
- cost $100
- Sessions length- 6 weeks
- When- Tuesday Nights @ 7:00pm-9:00pm.
First Session will start at 6:30pm to have time to fill out paperwork.
- Where- Houston Indoor Sports- 221 Barren Springs Dr. Suite 15, Houston, TX 77090
- All NEW skaters must go through Day 1 of beginner boot camp - skilled skaters could be promoted to Intermediate at their first class
Session 3: April 2 - May 7, 2013
Sign up for our next session by purchasing your boot camp package HERE!