Monday, June 4, 2012

Meet HRD Mondays!


It's Monday! That means it's the time of the week for YOU to meet the many faces of HRD and learn a little about the skaters you want to cheer for in 2012!

This Monday, check out Bleeda Ford and SyRenge!



Name ("Make'em") Bleeda Ford
Number 1031
Team Bayou City Bosses
Position All! Like a BO$$!!
Years Played This is my first competitive year with a Houston Roller Derby home team. Season opener was my full year being in skates.
Height I am 5'1 at least that is what my drivers' license says.
Occupation I am a part time student, part time sales associate at Victoria's Secret and a seasonal store manager for Halloween Express.
How did you get into derby? I got talked into going to a boot camp with a friend and fell in love. I immediately enjoyed the idea of being part of a team again. And knowing I had the opportunity to move up to a competitive level was the cheese to my macaroni.
How did you pick your derby name? As far as my derby name goes the quotation before my name doesn't fit so I normally leave it off. But the name itself came from my boyfriend. So, although I love Lita Ford, we wanted to go for something with a play on Joan Jett. But after watching The Runaways like 7 times "Make'em" Bleeda Ford is what came out. :)
Likes I LOVE MUSIC!! I am a huge fan of Joan Jett. I love finding new music or old music off pandora. Oh and I love Sprinkles cupcakes. I like to take photos and I like digital photography. Dexter is awsome! And I like sailor moon and comics.
Dislikes  Funny - I'm sure there are a lot things I really dislike but I can't think of anything at the moment. Except maybe traffic. I really hate traffic and who doesn't but it really irritates me.
Favorite thing about derby My favorite thing about derby is playing the game. I don't think I have ever felt this way about a sport I've played. I truly enjoy being in the game and playing to win.
Fun Facts I have a jacket problem. I will go out and buy jackets in the summer in the spring in the winter. I have a million and one coats. Also my favorite color is purple. And I am currently taking dance lessons to learn swing, tango and waltz.



Name SyRenge
Number 911
Team Psych Ward Sirens (Co Captain), The Knockouts
Position Jammer/Blocker
Years Played This is my second year as a skater for HRD
Height 5'6"
Occupation ICU Nurse
How did you get into derby? One of my good friends has been playing derby for a couple years and after watching her play I couldn't resist and I signed up and began training with the HRD Rec League.
How did you pick your derby name? When it came time to pick my name I wanted to make reference to my nursing career so in combination with my real name (Ren) you get SyRenge
Likes I like to knit and craft. I also like puppies (especially cute puppies).
Dislikes I'm not a big fan of snakes. Snakes just creep me out.
Favorite thing about derby I love the friends that I have made. It's crazy how you can get all these different girls together and we create this marvelous bond that will last far into the future.
Fun Facts I won 2011 HRD rookie of the year.


Tune in next Monday to see our next set of featured skaters for the week!


We'd like to give a BIG thanks to everyone who came out to our 7th Annual Crawfish Boil this past Saturday! We hope you had as much of a blast as we did.

Our next game is this Saturday, June 9 at Bayou Music Center. Our Knockouts will be taking on Assassination City Roller Derby and our Houston All-Stars will be going head-to-head with Arch Rival Rollergirls' All-Stars from St. Louis, MO! Tickets to our June 9 game are now available on our website, so go get them now! Get Your June 9 Bout Tickets Right Now at Our Website!
The After Party will be at Lucky's Pub again! They will be offering a free shuttle-service to and from the venue. Check out our website for more details! We can't wait to see you all this Saturday!


♥ Houston Roller Derby ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...