Monday, June 18, 2012

Meet HRD Mondays!


It's Monday! That means it's the time of the week for YOU to meet the many faces of HRD and learn a little about the skaters you want to cheer for in 2012!

This Monday, check out Hellicious and Patti Painz!



Name Hellicious
Number 36-36-36
Team The Valkyries
Position Blocker, Jammer, Pivot
Years Played Rookie
Height 5'4"
Occupation Graduate Student - Psychology
How did you get into derby? I have wanted to since childhood. I saw the movie Whip It and was excited to see it back. I found the nearest league and joined.
How did you pick your derby name? Since my name is Angel, I tried to find something along that line, but everything I wanted was taken. Since people, after getting to know me, say "You're not an angel...more like the devil!" I went with Hellicious, a little taste of Hell on wheels...ooohhh it's Hellicious!
Likes Jesus, Jon Rupert (husband), and sometimes my kids... I also like hitting people.
Dislikes  RULES, the sin bin, grumpy people, the F-word, and toast that falls butter side down.
Favorite thing about derby Hitting people HARD (theme going on here). Violence, blood, sweat and when I take someone off their feet.
Fun Facts I am the mother of 7 children, and YES I know where they come from. I am a pilot, and a lifeguard. I won a car once by being the last person standing with my hand on it. I'm stubborn.



Name Patti Painz
Number 9669
Team The Brawlers, The Knockouts
Position Blocker
Years Played This is my rookie season!
Height 5'5"
Occupation Post Closing Supervisor with a mortgage servicing company. Translate: your typical boring desk job.
How did you get into derby? My husband saw some of the HRD girls at Buzzfest one year. He didn't remember to tell me until I was watching Whip It and I made a comment about wanting to try it. Once he told me I immediately looked it up and found out the Rec league was going to be accepting the following week. So I showed up and was instantly hooked!
How did you pick your derby name? My family and I tried to come up with a name for a few months but nothing really made sense or rolled off the tongue. One day I just woke up and the first thing I thought of was Patti Painz. It was easy and I would most likely still respond since it's close to my real name so I went with it.
Likes True crime shows, amusement park rides, reading, watching most sports games.
Dislikes Slow people on the freeway.
Favorite thing about derby My favorite thing about derby is meeting & getting to know all these strong, capable women. They are all different but they all share a passion for derby just as much as I do!
Fun Facts I've never played any organized sports until derby. I can throw a spiral pass and kick a football better than most guys I know.


Tune in next Monday to see our next set of featured skaters for the week!

Join us for our fifth bout, July 21!
Come see the Brawlers play against the Spindletop Rollergirls from Beaumont, TX before watching the Psych Ward Sirens and The Valkyries go head to head! Tickets are already available at our website, so go get them now!
Get Your July 21 Bout Tickets Right Now at Our Website!
We hope to see you all soon!

Also, if YOU know that you were born to be a derby girl, come join our beginner boot camp next Tuesday, June 26! We'll teach you everything you need to know, including falls, stops, crossovers, and all of your derby and skating basics! Go sign up for our 6-week beginner session online now!
Get More Information About Our Next Beginner Boot Camp Session June 26 Here!


♥ Houston Roller Derby ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...