Monday, July 2, 2012

Meet HRD Mondays!


It's Monday! That means it's the time of the week for YOU to meet the many faces of HRD and learn a little about the skaters you want to cheer for in 2012!

This Monday, check out Goldie BloXX and Rachael Rayge!



Name Goldie BloXX
Number 007
Team The Valkyries, The Houston All-Stars
Position Pivot/Blocker
Years Played This year is 7
Height 5'2"
Occupation Clerical and Administrative
How did you get into derby? I was at DARR (Dairy Ashford Roller Rink) skating ring in 2005 for my daughters 11th birthday. The derby girls started showing up for practice before session was over. Mama Mel spotted me skating and cornered me before I left. The rest is history!
Likes I love everything about derby-except stinky pads and being injured!
Favorite thing about derby The friends I have made and the things that I have learned about myself.
Fun Facts HRD is a founding member of the WFTDA (Women's Flat Track Derby Association) and I love Carmen Geddit!


Name Rachael Rayge
Number ev00
Team Bayou City Bosses
Position Blocker
Years Played 3
Height 5'9" ...if I stand up straight
Occupation 1st grade teacher
How did you get into derby? I was a crash zone groupie, and finally decided to come skate at rec league.
How did you pick your derby name? I picked my name in honor of my favorite chef, Rachael Ray. I was about 80lbs heavier than I am now, and she taught me how to cook real food and inspired me to lose the weight!
Likes Gummy bears, my neurotic little dog, summer vacation, frosty beverages, my Bos$es
Dislikes I LOATHE mayonnaise, avocados, and having my front teeth knocked out.
Favorite thing about derby Being able to get out a little aggression after a long day at work!
Fun Facts I'm a Native Texan, I have a twin brother, and I write with both hands. Growing up, my teachers pushed me to be a "righty," so I write mostly with my right hand, but am an undercover lefty.


Tune in next Monday to see our next set of featured skaters for the week!


Join us for our fifth bout, July 21!
Come see the Brawlers play against the Spindletop Rollergirls from Beaumont, TX before watching the Psych Ward Sirens and The Valkyries go head to head! Tickets are already available at our website, so go get them now!
Get Your July 21 Bout Tickets Right Now at Our Website!


Special Offer:
*We love our troops! To show our appreciation, Houston Roller Derby GA tickets are $13 for all active military and veterans who present their U.S military ID to the box office on July 21, 2012 (limit 1 ticket per ID). Bouts are held at Bayou Music Center, 520 Texas Avenue in downtown Houston.*



♥ Houston Roller Derby ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...