Monday, April 16, 2012

Meet HRD Mondays!


It's Monday! That means it's the time of the week for YOU to meet the many faces of HRD and learn a little about the skaters you want to cheer for in 2012!

This Monday, check out Kiki Mojo and Sexy Sniper!


Name Kiki Mojo
Number 5454
Team The Bayou City Bosses, The Knockouts
Position Blocker, Jammer
Years Played 5ish
Height 5'4"
Occupation Stay at home mom, writer.
How did you get into derby? I have been skating forever and read an article about derby. As soon as I moved to Houston, I dove right in.
How did you pick your derby name? My derby name was a college nickname, so I knew I'd answer to it on the track.
Likes Painting, alligators, blogging.
Dislikes Pickles and pickles.
Favorite thing about derby Everything. If I could stay on skates 24/7, I would.
Fun Facts I have been bitten by an alligator and was prom queen. (Unrelated incidents.)



Name Sexy Sniper
Number W308
Team The Brawlers
Position Pivot, Blocker, Jammer
Years Played This is my 3rd season.
Height 5'7"
Occupation Administrative Assistant
How did you get into derby? A friend invited me to play.
How did you pick your derby name? Sniper was my dog's name.
Likes I like shooting things, gardening, contact sports, dancing, volleyball, and swimming.
Dislikes negativity.
Favorite thing about derby Everything! Teamwork, the confidence it gives you, competition, my alter ego, derby community, the athletic side of it.
Fun Facts I helped Houston bring home 3rd place in the after party dance contest at South Central Regional Playoff.



Tune in next Monday to see our next set of featured skaters for the week!


Get ready for our next bout this Saturday, April 21! Tickets are available at our website or from your favorite skater, so get them as soon as you can!
Get Your April 21 Bout Tickets Right Now at Our Website!
Come see the debut of our new home team, The Valkyries as they go up against the Brawlers after the Bayou City Bosses take on Alamo City Rollergirls from San Antonio, TX!

Also, if you're aching for more derby, our Houston All-Stars will be heading off to Chicago, IL to go head to head with teams from Madison, the Chicago Outfit, and Windy City the weekend after our big game at Bayou Music Center!

Congratulations to our Knockouts for bringing home a HUGE victory after playing The Alamo City Rollergirls' B-team this Sunday in San Antonio. Our Knockouts won 388:21 - way to go HRD!

Hope to see you all this Saturday at our second bout of the season!


♥ Houston Roller Derby ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...