Monday, April 2, 2012

Meet HRD Mondays!


It's Monday! That means it's the time of the week for YOU to meet the many faces of HRD and learn a little about the skaters you want to cheer for in 2012!

This Monday, check out AcuPunchHer and Shawshank!


Name AcuPunchHer
Number 17
Team The Brawlers
Position Blocker
Years Played This is my rookie year. I started playing with rec league in August 2010.
Height 5'5"
Occupation Petroleum Engineer
How did you get into derby? I watched Whip It, which got me interested in watching our local league. After going to one bout, I decided to go to rec league.
How did you pick your derby name? I was going to be Pepto Abysmol, but I didn't want to be known as the girl with GI issues. AcuPunchHer just popped in my head one day and seemed fitting since I'm Asian.
Likes poop talk, puppies, traveling, nail clippers, tigers, cheesy music (Celine, Mariah), FOOD.
Dislikes slow drivers in the left lane, work meetings, horror flicks.
Favorite thing about derby The people. And it's a great way to have fun while exercising.
Fun Facts I can say all the presidents in consecutive order and I've climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro.



Name Shawshank
Number 237
Team Bayou City Bosses (Captain), The Houston All-Stars
Position Skater. I jam some, I block some, I pivot some.
Years Played This my third season with HRD.
Height My actual height or what I tell people to make myself feel better? My license says 5'3" but it also says I weigh 10 pounds less.
Occupation City Planner - Ever-Evaluating Eye of Surr-Vey, Lord Of Demarcation, She Who Measures And Assesses.
How did you get into derby? I started in New Orleans on a whim and promptly moved to Texas after making the league there. My dirty secret is that I had never seen a bout before trying out and didn't actually know anything about the sport.
How did you pick your derby name? I didn't pick out my derby name - it was a group effort at a bar.
Likes I enjoy cashews, knitting, and the word monkey.
Dislikeseverything else.
Favorite thing about derby This is a sport that accepts all women. It doesn't matter what you look like or where you come from - what matters is how you play derby. That jam whistle is the great equalizer.
Fun Facts I am terrified of horses and caterpillars. And butterflies. Also I only recently learned that Chips Ahoy was a play on Ships Ahoy. I still don't understand what that has to do with a cookie.


Tune in next Monday to see our next set of featured skaters for the week!
Get ready for our next bout April 21 - tickets are up available at our website, so get them as soon as you can!
Get Your April 21 Bout Tickets Right Now at Our Website!
Come see the debut of our new home team, The Valkyries as they go up against the Brawlers after the Bayou City Bosses take on Alamo City Rollergirls from San Antonio, TX!



♥ Houston Roller Derby ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...